This Week in Supply Chain Management (15 / 2011)
This article concludes this week in supply chain management by collecting the top stories published in the last seven days.
This week the consequences of the Japan earth quake still rule the news coverage and the blogosphere.
- Responding To The Post-Quake Component Supply Chain Crisis (Forbes Blog)
- Toyota Europe shutdowns add to Japan supply fears (Reuters)
- The big threat: Chip shortage (CNET)
- New project launched to improve food chain supply between Australia and the UAE (AMEInfo)
- Another Disaster, Another Supply-Chain Disruption. Will We Ever Learn? (Supplychainbrain.com)
Research / Studies
- The proceedings of the 2009 IPSERA Conference are available for download here.
- Risk a low priority in strategic sourcing (supplymanagement.com)
I used the last week to write about a literature review in supply chain management and how to measure agile capabilities. I also added the Gartner Supply Chain Executive Summit 2011 to the conference list.
Please feel free to share your most interesting article(s) of the week in the comments below!